A spokesperson for the Swedish Prosecution Authority told us only one of the men had been under investigation after Rocky’s bodyguard filed a counter-notice following the brawl. He was being held on suspicion of “abuse, assault and attempted assault.”
“The preliminary investigation in that matter is now discontinued and the injured party is no longer suspected of any crime,” the Swedish Prosecution Authority said in a press release Monday.
Senior Public Prosecutor Daniel Suneson, who is in charge of the investigation, explained the decision, pointing out that Rocky’s bodyguard “repeatedly” asked the unnamed man to leave before allegedly becoming physical.
“When he refuses to leave, the other person first pushes him away and then takes a grip around the other persons neck and lifts him away a few meters. In this situation, the person throws his headphones on the notifier, and tries to hand out battles, which may be considered as right to self-defense,” he said.
Prosecutors said the investigation against Rocky, 30, and two members of his team is still ongoing.