It was recently reported back in April that Shock G had sadly passed away after he was found unresponsive in his hotel room with no outward signs of trauma.
According to new reports by The Sun, he unfortunately died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl, ethanol (alcohol) and methamphetamine per a rep from the Hillsborough County Medical examiner’s office.
The Hillsborough County Medical Examiner says Shock G was pronounced dead at the hotel at 2:20 PM EST.
Digital Underground and the rapper’s family held a funeral service in his honor last month. Tupac Shakur’s brother, Mopreme Shakur, was also in attendance, as Shock G and the hip hop group helped give Tupac his first performing platform.
A friend of the late rapper – Chopmaster J aka Big Brutha – shared the sad news in an Instagram post, which included a black and white photo of the pair.
He wrote in the caption: “34 years ago almost to the day we had a wild idea we can be a hip hop band and take on the world through it all the dream became a reality and the reality became a nightmare for some.
“And now he’s awaken from the fame long live shock G Aka Humpty Hump and Rest In Peace my Brotha Greg Jacobs!!!”
The caption concluded with the hashtag #digitalunderground and a sad face emoji.