CELEBRITIESNews

Tory Lanez Gets Preliminary Hearing Date In Megan Thee Stallion Case

CELEBRITY NEWS - Karen Smith Post

diva vixens

A new development has occurred in the case involving Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion as the rap star did not reach a plea deal in the assault case.

Tory Lanez remains on bail in the case surrounding the assault of Megan Thee Stallion, though a court date is looming near. According to The Shade Room, a judge set a date for Tory Lanez’s preliminary hearing on Wednesday morning. The rapper will be heading to court to face a judge in mid-December.

Prosecutors and the rapper’s attorneys were present at the hearing this morning. The judge ordered that the Daystar rapper appears in person for the hearing. It’s said that several witnesses from July 2020 will be providing testimonies at this time regarding injuries Megan Thee Stallion sustained from the shooting. It’s unclear which witnesses will take the stand, nor has it been determined whether Megan would be present for the hearing. Kathy Ta, one of the lead prosecutors, said that she estimates it’ll take roughly 90 minutes.

Tory is facing up to 22 years and eight months in prison if convicted. He made bail for $190,000. This summer, he violated his criminal restraining order when he appeared at Rolling Loud in Miami when Meg was on stage after DaBaby brought him out as a surprise guest.

Last year, when speaking on the situation, Megan said, “I was shot in both of my feet, and I had to get surgery to get the shit taken out, get the bullets taken out. It was super scary. It was, like, just the worst experience of my life.”

“As in every case, the lawyers for the parties discuss the possibility of resolving the case. This case is no different. That said, our position as to what did and did not happen in this matter remains unchanged,” Shawn Holley (Tory Lanez attorney) said in a statement to Rolling Stone.