The Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion situation has got even more tense now that the justice system is seeking a 20 plus year imprisonment of the Toronto artist.
Tory Lanez is due to be arraigned on Tuesday on felony charges relating to an incident in July in which he allegedly shot Megan Thee Stallion.
“On July 12, the defendant and the 25-year-old victim got into an argument while riding in an SUV in the Hollywood Hills,” a statement from the L.A County district attorney’s office announcing the charges read. “The victim exited the vehicle and [Tory Lanez] is accused of shooting several times at her feet and wounding her.”
Megan Thee Stallion did not mention Tory Lanez on the night of the incident. Lanez was arrested and charged for the firearm on the same night however. Megan Thee Stallion came out and accused Lanez as the shooter after being fed up with the rumors and innuendo that was floating online.
“Yes, this n**** Tory shot me,” she said. “You shot me and you got your publicist and your people going to these blogs lying and sh*t. Stop lying.”
Jim Lewis, a lawyer and representative for Lanez, seemed to cast doubt on Megan’s claims.
“The ‘victim’ doesn’t appear to be seriously injured, since I saw her on Saturday Night Live last week,” he told Vulture.
Megan Thee Stallion’s legal team declined to comment.
ALSO CHECK OUT CELEBRITY NEWS ARCHIVES STREAMING ON WORLDWIDE NETWORK BELOW!